- The Ejection of Tucker Carlson Is a Classic “Reverse Ferret” by Rupert Murdoch
- Dominion Was Never Going to Save Our Democracy From Fox News
- In Pentagon Leak, the Problem Is What’s Classified, Not What Gets Out
- Americans Don’t Care About the Iraqi Dead. They Don’t Even Care About Their Own.
- Trump’s Last Defense Secretary Has Regrets, but Not About Jan. 6
- HBO’s “Succession” Is a Masterful Demolition of the Absurdity and Cruelty of Our 1 Percent Overlords
- The Problem at Fox News Is Not Just Tucker Carlson — It’s the Murdochs Who Own the Network
- Crude World
- New York Review of Books
- The Atlantic
- Palestine Hotel
- Crude World Book
- New Yorker
- War Diaries
- Love Thy Neighbor
- Nobel Prize/Peter Handke
- Film Criticism
- Murdochs/Fox News
- New Republic
- Book Reviews
- Surveillance and Privacy
- The Toppling
- New York Times
- Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan
- Bosnia 1992-1993
- Washington Post
- The Closer You Look, the Worse Brett Kavanaugh’s Relationship with Mark Judge Appears
September 25, 2018
A QUESTION THAT sounds innocuous — did Brett Kavanaugh and Mark Judge drink and party together at Georgetown Preparatory School? — has become key to figuring out whether an inebriated Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl as Judge watched and laughed in 1982. The short answer is that a number of data ...
- Memoir About Brett Kavanaugh’s High School Portrays Culture of Aggression and Excessive Drinking
September 22, 2018
NOT LONG AFTER Mark Judge graduated from Catholic University, he attended the rehearsal dinner for a close friend’s wedding in Washington, D.C. The dinner was in a private room above an Irish bar, and as soon as Judge arrived, he downed a shot of bourbon — and another and another.
The next thing ...
- Trump Finds New Weapon for His War on Journalism — Leak Indictments Aimed at Smearing Reporters
July 15, 2018
Last month, James Wolfe was indicted for lying to the FBI about his contacts with four reporters while he worked for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. His indictment, and the media coverage of it, focused to a lopsided extent on just one of the reporters: Ali Watkins, who the indictment revealed ...
- Paul Manafort Has Inadvertently Helped America by Showing the Absurdities of Its Bail System
June 9, 2018
American citizens don’t have a lot they can thank Paul Manafort for. Manafort, President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, is suspected of colluding with Russia and enriching himself through years of influence-peddling that involved a multitude of financial crimes. But his indictment last year by special counsel Robert Mueller has done us ...
- Reality Winner Has Been in Jail for a Year. Her Prosecution Is Unfair and Unprecedented.
June 3, 2018
This is a tale of two defendants and two systems of justice.
Christmas was coming, and Paul Manafort wanted to spend the holiday with his extended family in the Hamptons, where he owns a four-acre estate that has 10 bedrooms, a pool, a tennis court, a basketball court, a putting green, and a ...