- The Ejection of Tucker Carlson Is a Classic “Reverse Ferret” by Rupert Murdoch
- Dominion Was Never Going to Save Our Democracy From Fox News
- In Pentagon Leak, the Problem Is What’s Classified, Not What Gets Out
- Americans Don’t Care About the Iraqi Dead. They Don’t Even Care About Their Own.
- Trump’s Last Defense Secretary Has Regrets, but Not About Jan. 6
- At Biden’s Inauguration, Empty Streets But Not a Void
- America’s Fortified Capital Awaits a President’s Inauguration
- Crude World
- New York Review of Books
- The Atlantic
- Palestine Hotel
- Crude World Book
- New Yorker
- War Diaries
- Love Thy Neighbor
- Nobel Prize/Peter Handke
- Film Criticism
- Murdochs/Fox News
- New Republic
- Book Reviews
- Surveillance and Privacy
- The Toppling
- New York Times
- Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan
- Bosnia 1992-1993
- Washington Post
- HBO’s “Succession” Is a Masterful Demolition of the Absurdity and Cruelty of Our 1 Percent Overlords
August 10, 2019
If you had to sum up decades of financial dystopia in America, you could go with the phrase “Money wins.” The accumulation of insane amounts of wealth by the 1 percent has flattened in its path everything else: the interests of ordinary people and the planet, as well as the notion that ...
- The Problem at Fox News Is Not Just Tucker Carlson — It’s the Murdochs Who Own the Network
July 10, 2019
Yes, let’s get furious once again at Tucker Carlson, who has broadcast another segment of racist bilge at Fox News. But let’s not stop there.
In a widely circulated clip that’s getting justifiably walloped by journalists who are not admirers of white nationalism, Carlson describes Rep. Ilhan Omar, who was born in Somalia, ...
- How James Murdoch Uses Philanthropy to Distance Himself from the Taint of Fox News
June 29, 2019
The mission of Unite America is lofty. As its name implies, the little-known group wants to heal a political system that has become “more divided and dysfunctional with each election cycle.”
Its bipartisan mission is an implied critique of Fox News, which has been identified, in study after study, as a principal cause ...
- What the Concentration Camps of Bosnia Can Teach Us About the Abuse of Immigrants at the U.S. Border
June 27, 2019
How do you investigate human rights abuses at detention centers that are off-limits to outsiders?
I am not one of the on-the-ground reporters covering the Trump administration’s abusive treatment of immigrant children on the border with Mexico, but more than 25 years ago I investigated the concentration camps where Serbs tortured and executed ...
- What the Horror of “Chernobyl” Reveals About the Deceit of the Trump Era
June 5, 2019
IMAGINE THIS SCENE: A guilt-stricken official who worked for President Donald Trump sits down late at night to confess his agony. “What is the cost of lies?” the weary official says into a tape recorder, sitting in his dark kitchen. “It’s not that we’ll mistake them for the truth. The real danger ...